SC - period suerkraut?

ANN1106@aol.com ANN1106 at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 19:23:26 PDT 1997

G'day, folks!

Before I lose what passes for my mind, I thought perhaps somebody out
there might be able to jog my memory.

Within the last two weeks or so I ran across what seemed like a
wonderful vegetarian vegetable recipe which seemed like a lovely pottage
for SCA use. Trouble is, I can't remember the source or even the name of
the dish.

It is for a thick pottage made from sweated (sauteed but unbrowned)
sliced onions, in a seasoned almond milk base, boiled until slightly
thick, and garnished with fried "onion rings" made from an egg pasta
dough, cut into circular shapes.

Suspected sources include Taillevent's Viandier, Le Menagier de Paris,
Chiquart's Fait du Cuisine, and all of Curye On Inglysche. Possibly the
Two Fifteenth-Century Cookbooks, but less likely than the others...

Does this ring a bell for anybody? I am posting a reward of my redaction
for the good citizen who can point me in the right direction!

Thanks!

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com