SC - Bay-references

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Oct 7 22:58:25 PDT 1997

	Greenthings!
	To roast chestnuts in any kind of quantity, 1st , slice an *x* in the tops
where they are lighter brown. You are cutting through the shell layer in order
to keep the chestnut from exploding when they are roasted. place them on a
sheet tray, and roast in a 375 oven till they open . approx. 10 min. I like
mine with a pinch of salt , other of my friends like them with butter......
Recipies I have played around with include, chestnut ice-cream, using the
roasted chestnuts ground up  when baking rye bread, and tossed in a bitter
greens salad with a cranberry vinigrette.
I will search for the recipies and send them to you privately. Oh I think the
rye bread recipie is close to period for Kiev.????

Olga