SC - period suerkraut?

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Oct 8 07:38:54 PDT 1997

  << I dunno.  Like I said, I saw it in a kitchen when I was in Europe, and
   played with it.  No one there could even tell me what it was called: but the
   sign on the room dated it to period.
   	Tibor >>

  I don't suppose you could draw it for us?....................hmmmmmm. :-)

No.  I draw worse than I dance. (:-)

It was a large wheel, the size of a rotary whetstone or a small car tire,
made of wood.  It had metal blades (not particularly sharp) studing it.  It
was encased in a round wooden box, that opened like a flip top lid for
cleaning.  The bottom of the box had a chute or hole, with room for a bowl
to be placed on the floor underneath.  The top had a chute for dropping food
onto the wheel.  The wheel had a large crank coming out one side. You
obviously turned the crank, the wheel would spin with great momentum, and
then you'd drop food down the chute on top, and mush would come out the
bottom.  The whole was about as tall as a short man or average woman.

	Tibor (6' tall, if you want to discuss short or average height.  :-)