O.T. Re: SC - period suerkraut?

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Oct 8 09:44:15 PDT 1997

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> As for the final score, I should point out
> that modern Italians aren't the ones speaking a Celtic language, are
> they, whereas... ;  )  ?
>
> G. Tacitus Adamantius, Roman in the Gloamin'

They took th egold and left. The next time they invaded was by invite,
about 250 ad ish, The people had moved into the city and they needed
people to farm the land and do the basic labor so in moved a whole bunch
of unlanded gauls until finally they ended up in power, but as rome had
the basic framework for 250 years, latin had been the lingua franca, so
they speak italian.

margali