SC - Cassoulet

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Oct 8 10:33:21 PDT 1997

<< << I suppose what I am asking is - how much do we "worry" about things
  like this?  I've no problem with not eating salmon (more for me), but
  should our feasts also take into account mundane issues like this?

>I think by and large many of these sensitivities are regional.  Here in the
>northern Outlands (Colorado and Wyoming east of the great divide)  it seems
>to bother very few people.  In fact, one of the popular winter events is
>Hunter's Feast,  (always fantastically done by Mistress Aldyth) where the
>majority of the meat is venison.
>Noemi

In parts of PA, the deer are more numerous now than in earlier centuries,
due to the lack of hunting, especially around cities. Hunts have been
organized to thin the herds to keep them from starving.  So I just ask the
PC freaks why they seem to think that slow, agonizing death by starvation
is preferable to a quick death by hunting.

Just a few thoughts

Raffaella