SC - cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message

Postmaster postmaster_at_okstate at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Oct 8 22:32:50 PDT 1997

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 97 23:17:55 -0600
From: "Postmaster"<postmaster_at_okstate at okway.okstate.edu>
To: <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Subject: SC - cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message
Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

Date: Wed, 08 Oct 97 23:05:23 -0600
From: "Postmaster"<postmaster_at_okstate at okway.okstate.edu>
To: <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

Original text follows:
- ---------------------

- --simple boundary

From: LrdRas at aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 23:57:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: SC - PC Feasts-longish OOP
Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

<< I for one do not generally boycott foods other than veal, unless I know
 the person who raised the calf and didnt mistreat it.>>

No flames from me. :-) I must admit on my part I don't boycott veal at all.
Admittedly I prefer farm raised veal because it has more flavor but if
commercially produced veal is the only thing available well,,,,,,,,,

<<I also am mot particularly pc, but i would temper my menu to the prevailing
tastes-
 for example, despite the interest on line about horse, I would never feature
it at a feast. I might make a small pot of horse stew for myself and if
others wanted to try it, i would make it available,>>

PC, me? :-0 I am just the opposite. I was taught that this is a free society
amd as a Jeffersonian Democrat I take that literally. The old addage about
those that would rather be safe than free do not deserve either is my Bible.
Horse? Certainly I would serve horse at a feast as a major dish if the feast
were geared toward a nomadic theme. I would expect that those interested
enough to attend would neither be shocked  nor offended by an appropriate
menu.

The Emu's I substituted for Roc in the "Roast of Roc Who Feedeth Her Young
With Elephants" suggested by Master Adamantius is a perfect example. I have
never recieved so many vicious comments and negative feedback from people in
advance of the feast as I did with this one. I chose to go with the emu
anyhow. The feast was entirely sold out several weeks in advance and folks
waited in the feast hall until the last remove when I served it. I recieved
nary a negative comment. Indeed, I recieved nothing but praise for this feast
in general.

 <<but the general populace would have a conniption fit. >>

Oh, well. Who really cares what the general populace cares to have
conniptions about? :-)

I for one do not see the difference between cow and any other animal raised
for meat.>>

The difference ids cows are bovines the others are not. :-)

 <<to make "flipper n grits" as my house hold calls it- non
 mamillian dolphin and polenta- for a feast some time just to shock people.>>

Since "dolphin" the fish is not a mammal I wouldn't mind. Would I eat dolphin
the mammal? I don't know. I tend to draw the line at eating intelligent
 creatures and would probabably have as much of a problem eating dolphin as I
do with eating the primates such as man and monkeys. :-(

<< margali>>

Yours in Service to the Dream,
al-Sayyid Ras (who has never served less than a sold out feast in the last 8
yrs. Feast philosophy> Here's what I'm eating tonight. Would you like to join
me? :-))