SC - below the salt

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Fri Oct 10 08:43:11 PDT 1997

to be honest, this s off the top of my head....but as I recall rice was not
introduced to america until the mid 1700;s.....
I also do know that it was the staple crop of the south [along with indigo]
until
1850......  my family still grows it, organically, sell it for a fortune to
restaurants.
 but otherwise, I am not so sure it was available...
and if it was, was most likely beyond the reach of much of populace pricewise.
aine