SC - beer bread recipe (was re: small feasts)

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri Oct 10 13:03:59 PDT 1997

Greetings!  Lord Ras wrote:

>What I envisioned was the cooks of the list showing up at Pennsic and
>doing a Known World Feast thing each bringing their own special period
>dish, being advertised in the Pennsic newspaper as exclusively for the
>Cooks of the List but being held publicly where all could wander by
>and be suitable impressed and have the opportunity to druel. :-)

Could we get some kind of a Pennsic class out of this?  It could be
held in the evening or afternoon at a private camp or in an A&S tent if
the food could be ferried there.  But, perhaps the dishes could be
explained/demonstrated??  Recipes provided for duplication cost?  An
explanation of the ingredients?  Where/when the dish comes from?  How
it is garnished?  Served?  Take a lottery for standees to get
leftovers??

Alys Katharine, with her Pennsic Class Coordinator hat on