SC - Rocs Eggs

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat Oct 11 13:53:53 PDT 1997

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:13:54 -0700 kat <kat at kagan.com> writes:
>Despite the delightful direction this topic has taken (visions of The
>Ultimate Feast dancing in my head) I am still interested in the
>original subject:
>
>Can anyone suggest one or two above-the-salt-type recipes for the
>final remove of a feast I am trying to put together in March?
>
>Budget is not much of a problem (I have fed the same number of people
>well and heartily for a third of the money I will potentially have
>access to) and neither will staff.  (side note:  the noble choirperson
>Brid has kindly volunteered to shuck her armor for an apron instead of
>continuing on in the Tournament of Roses <grin>).  I also have plenty
>of time for practicing and perfecting... my family LOVES to eat
>experiments; and so will my Canton...
>
>Basically, I'm looking for dishes with major "OOOHHH!" factor...  any
>and all suggestions would be welcome.
>
>	- kat  (who wishes she COULD attend Gulf Wars, or Pennsic,
>or....)
>

>"Live, live, live!  Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are
>starving to death!"
>
>          - Auntie Mame

If you don't mind illusion food, I have a doozy which I been keeping back
for just such an occasion. Looking through my church cookbooks, I
actually found a jello recipe that did not contain pineapple {which I am
allergic to}! You peel a melon, a cantaloupe or one of it's cousins,
slice off about 2 inches one of the ends, and scope out the seeds. fill
the cavity with jello [before it gels] and replace the lid. Let the jello
set. Frost the melon with a combination of cream cheese and powdered
sugar[beated together first]Roc's Eggs, anyone?
Lady Beatrix of Tanet