SC - new novice redaction

Tyrca@aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 09:47:59 PDT 1997

<<
 Me, too! I mean, I agree, in large part. Everyday life in a large city
 is plenty competitive enough for me. My carefully controlled ruthless
 side is something I'd rather not cultivate except in an emergency.

 On the other hand, I don't see why, for those that like that sort of
 thing, a competition couldn't be friendly, honorable, and enlightening.
 I probably would not choose to compete, but if people could handle it, I
 don't think it would be a problem. Question is, can they handle it?

 Adamantius

As for me, even though the likelihood that I will be at Pennsic is thin, I
know for certain that I would not participate in a competition because I am
fairly new to this medevial cooking, and feel intimidated by the wealth of
knowledge and accumen I have witnessed on this list.  I of course would
gladly sample anything you kind gentles came up with, and I might be
persuaded to try and provide a dish together with a researched recipe in more
of a potluck effort.  I do not like competitions because I become so
apprehensive about my chances that I am unable to enjoy the effort of others.

Lady Tyrca