SC - Re: A couple questions . . .

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Mon Oct 13 17:53:44 PDT 1997

they also had a thriving industry making salt from sea water.  I distincly
remember reading an article in Scientific American years ago about that.
Seems that about the time of the first major ''barbarian'' invasions south to
Rome, there had been a global warming.   The oceans had risen a few feet and
flooded the salt beds on the norther German coast,  The barbarian tribes moved
south in search of salt, and ended up sacking Rome.
aine