SC - chestnuts

Maddie Teller-Kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Oct 14 05:45:59 PDT 1997

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997 10:30:48 EDT "Chanda Shaffer" <leanche at hotmail.com>
writes:

>Bright Lady!!!!!! I would LOVE to have 37 pounds of apples!!!!!  The
>first thing that comes to mind is apple butter.  Basically--boil
>apples,
>cider and sugar together until it forms a wonderful brown sauce.  Like
>
>applesauce but much, much better.  Keeps wonderfully well when canned.
>
>Add cinnamon for a more well rounded flavor.

I, too, adore apple butter and make it regularly. But I'm thinking
fighters here! Aside from the fact that I don't want to send any of my
canning jars camping :-) .... anyone know any period cake-like, or tart
type recipes that would travel well? Or were apples not used in this way?
So far, I've found a dozen different recipes for Apple Moyle and lots of
recipes using apples with meat, but no deserts.

>Ivy~
>
>with new, aol free e-mail :)

AOL doing anything for free??? Info, please! Juno's access number is long
distance and AOL is local!!!

Julleran