SC - Bread/beer/yeast

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Tue Oct 14 07:48:30 PDT 1997

<< If anyone knows if it's legal, I'll be glad to post them. In
 the meantime, private e-mail only. I'll cc you if you want, but it will
 take me a while to dig up the recipe and type it into my computer.

 Julleran >>

I subscribe to recipe lists> Eat-L and TNT. These lists regularly post
recipes from mags and books or papers. You merely cite the source of the
recipe when posting. The people at LLewellyn tell me that individual recipes
are not copywritable when occuring in a collection of recipes. When I was
producing herb packets to go with recipes in the Magic of Food, I enclosed
the recope that the packet was meant to go with and cited the source.
Everything was kosher and anbove board despite the recipe coming from a book
that was copywrited. Apparently he entire book is copyrightable but not the
individual recipes. Another solution is to change the amount of an ingredient
slightly with a statement like> The original recipe called for 3/4 tsp of
stuff but I used only half the amount .

Ras