SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #351

Maddie Teller-Kook meadhbh at io.com
Tue Oct 14 09:20:58 PDT 1997

I'm going to see if I can't track down where I got saffron cheap, and
get a price and an address out to you folks.  I believe it was a Latino
store in Merrifield, VA, so I need to make it over there to check. I'm
pretty certain this is really saffron (not safflower)(it says 'genuine
spanish saffron', and is threads, not the short fibers of safflower),
and was under $5 for a bag of about a handful. If it wasn't THAT store,
I'll have to look around at my various, favorite specialty stores until
I figure it out, then I'll post it.  Cross your fingers.
Angelique

> World Spice in Seattle had Spanish saffron for $3.00/half gram. The
> quality is excellent.
 $3 or thereabouts should be able to get you a gram or so