SC - Spices on Nerves of People

Tyrca@aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 10:41:06 PDT 1997

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

> The book "Vilda vaxter som mat och medicin" by Stefan Kallman was
> published this spring in Sweden (guess the language, but an English
> translation _is_ apparently planned: the title can be translated as
> "Wild
> plants as food and medicine"). It is based on modern studies of
> nutritional content, safety and efficacy (a lot of rats ate strange
> things
> to make this book possible)./UlfR

Sounds good, I get tired of the doctrine of signatures after a while.
That is what most all medieval herbals were based on, and as I said,
Gerrards herbal is the basis for an amazing number of modern herbals. I
cant really think of one that wasn't a recap with  a few new minor
entries. I look foreward to getting a copy. I dont do swedish, but I
have sort of got the hang of cognates between norwegian and english-my
husband is in the navy and has ported a few times in Tromso and brought
back museum fliers and foods, sort of like a guess the word game from
french class in elementary school!lol

margali