SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #354

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 14 16:58:01 PDT 1997

Ron and Laurene Wells wrote:

> THREE Dollars?  For a hole gram?  Not here!!!  I priced it a month or so
> ago.  ou get a TINY paper pouch (tucked inside a glass tube) that (shoot,
> can't remember the exact weight) was about 1/8th of an ounce (how much does
> a gram compare to an ounce?) for the bargain price of $16.  (Sixteen
> dollars.)  Kind of looked to me like there would only bee nough in there for
> 2 or MAYBE 3 batches of cookies, etc.  And that just is too much to spend
> IMO.  Be nice to find it for less somewhere.

Maybe four. It's been a while since I've bought it by the gram. A glass
tube containing a gram of saffron is about the size of a small cigar,
perhaps four or five inches long and about half an inch in diameter, the
fullness depending on how well packed the threads are... .  There are
roughly 30 grams to an ounce, BTW. The exact number is either 28 or 31,
but I don't seem to get that number into my long-term memory, no matter
how hard I try.

I suspect that perhaps your memory for the numbers is off, or else there
is something fishy going on...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com