Redaction? (was: SC - competition)

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Wed Oct 15 02:43:44 PDT 1997

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 Tyrca at aol.com wrote:

> As for me, even though the likelihood that I will be at Pennsic is thin, I
> know for certain that I would not participate in a competition because I am
> fairly new to this medevial cooking, and feel intimidated by the wealth of
> knowledge and accumen I have witnessed on this list.  I of course would
> gladly sample anything you kind gentles came up with, and I might be
> persuaded to try and provide a dish together with a researched recipe in more
> of a potluck effort.  I do not like competitions because I become so
> apprehensive about my chances that I am unable to enjoy the effort of others.
>
> Lady Tyrca

Milady Tyrca and all the gentles present,

I can't say I'm a fully period cook -- I'm a camp cook and happy to be so.
And I would also be very happy to sample anything you come up with,
whether period or not. Half of the fun I have had is trying to come up
with a way to feed 20 to 40 hungry people with primitive conditions;
another half is the period research and re-inventing; still another half
is involving myself in the feast-preparation; and the last half is doing
all the rest of the schtick the SCA is famous for.

So I extend this : I'll be at Three Kings, and will make serious effort to
be at Pennsic. I am with Clan Firefall, and can always be found near their
banner, and at our hearth some of the time. Should you want to visit and
swap receipes and stories, I'd be happy to do so. I'm not here to compete,
though I'm happy to do so occasionally; I'd rather learn and find out more
of what everyone knows. And if there comes occasion to share a kitchen,
perhaps someone can explain in english what a "redaction" is?

Esko Sola, who is a cook because he's not a mathematician

***

D'ja hear about the dyslexic robber who tried to hold up a bank with a
gnu?

Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is Mac.                                      \\\\|////  'Hi'
He wants to travel the world.                     ( O   O ) /
Please add him to your .sig and help him.    ---oOOo--U--oOOo---

"The Universe is a FRIENDLY pl..."[*CHOMP!*]

"Of course that's my opinion -- I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller