SC - head cook vs. feastocrat

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 15 07:09:10 PDT 1997

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Mary Morman wrote:

> charge of his first feast this candlemas.  "Feast-o-crat" is the common
> term here, and i told him when he began using it that I was uncomfortable
> with it - as a made-up word - and thought that head cook was a better

Personally I only feel that the foo-o-crat terminology has any merit
when it refers to the one in charge of a demo... For the non-computer
people out there: foo is a metasyntactic variable and can stand for
anything (feast, fight, crash, etc). Very usefull.

What was the period term? If it is head cook I think we should accept it,
regardless as to what menue-connotations it brings up (any good period
recipies for head of beast?).

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
How many matematicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
1. None. It's left to the reader as an exercise.