SC - head cook vs. feastocrat

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Oct 15 07:49:12 PDT 1997

>Had a bit of a discussion on this with my newest apprentice who taking
>charge of his first feast this candlemas.  "Feast-o-crat" is the common
>term here, and i told him when he began using it that I was uncomfortable
>with it - as a made-up word - and thought that head cook was a better
>term.  I would enjoy hearing some commentary on the list about this so
>that I can share it with him.
>
>elaina

The last feast I did I was the Cooking or Kitchen Master (depending on
how you wanted to translate the German) for a German feast.  I have also
used feastocrat, head cook and feast cook.

The cook for an event we will be holding this January has asked me to
handle the baking.  The theme will be either French or Spanish.  If it
is French, I will declare myself Chef du Pain and give everyone a real
pain.

Bear