SC - Officier Vatel - was Feastocrat vs Head Cook: Long

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 15 20:36:15 PDT 1997

> > >I'd be interested in other accounts of very small feasts, i.e. why they
> > >were so small and how people handled that.
> > >Adamantius

	Most of my small "feasts", have actually been unplanned freebies
at camping events. It has driven home the fact that I overcook (30 fed on
a dinner for 6 with leftovers and full happy tummies abounding), and so
now if cooking with my own money I make sure I have several adoptee's for
the weekend.  My one :( official feast was for 100 and we fed 120(?) I
think as the gate forgot there was a cut off:), once again that darn
'Doesn't everybody eat like my starving brothers mindset" saved me.  So I
considered it a small feast, but I am not sure it is quite what you were
looking for?  Anybody else "used" to cooking for Farm Boys (meant nicely
say the 'farm girl of my youth") find it hard to realize subconciously
that not all eat alike?

Sabia (sabia at unm.edu)