SC - Cook Look-alikes

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Thu Oct 16 05:16:17 PDT 1997

When ever I smoke meat, I use either hickory or mesquite chunks that are
well soaked to produce lots of smoke..  I put a pan of water under the
meat to help keep it moist and also to flavor the meat. I've used wine
or beer with herbs (usually fresh rosemary, oregano, thyme, etc).  I
have also just taken large twigs of rosemary and placed them on the
coals.  I slow cook the meat (especially brisket) for at least 6-8
hours.  This is how its done here in Ansteorra. (aka Texas)

meadhbh