SC - A.P.B. : Have You Seen This Recipe?

Thu Oct 16 08:30:06 PDT 1997

>have any pepermint or spearmint?  I found that mint tea or a leaf held in
>the mouth helped me enormously with morning sickness
>
>Dragonfyr
>>Sorry, but this hit a funny bone, especially since my 6yr old and I just
>>finishe our baking experience of the week.
>
><extremely funny stuff snipped>
>
>>Sabia of St Kildas {sabia at unm.edu}
>
>Bless you!  I so desperately needed that this morning.
>
>Claricia (fighting morning sickness and a grumpy toddler who woke up
>at 5 a.m.)

Yup, peppermint tea, home made is second best to Bigelow Purely Peppermint
or Celestial Seasonings mint teas of any flavor. Other hint: forget the
saltines, they don't work. Herb Tea with hibiscus made morning sickness
worse. "Pregnancy Tea", which is supposed to contain beneficial stuff,  was
the direct WRONG thing to do. Talk about sick! I still shudder.

My favorite sure-fire cure? Smell a fresh newspaper. Don't ask me why this
works. I got it out of a book of folk remedies. It really does work
amazingly well.

My sympathies, and congratulations. It's worth the agravation, but sometimes
when you are in the throes of morning-noon-and-night sickness, you wonder!

Aoife