SC - re: sc - newcomers redaction

Fri Oct 17 14:36:03 PDT 1997

Jamey R. Lathrop wrote:

> Good day to all, from Allegra Beati, who's WAY behind on this list.

<snip>

> As it happens, I included this one in the recipes our local cookery group
> is going to do at a redaction party tomorrow.  It's from CURYE ON
> INGLYSCH, Part II:  DIUERSA SERVICIA.
>
>         88.  For to make a porrey chapeleyn, tak an hundred onyons o[th]er
> an half, & tak oyle de olyf & boyle togedere in a pot; & tak almande mylk
> & boyle yt & do [th]ereto.  |  Tak & make a [th]ynne paast of dow, & make
> [th]erof as it were ryngis.  Tak & fry hem in oyle de olyue or in wyte
> grees & boil al togedere.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Allegra Beati                           Jamey Lathrop
> Barony of al-Barran                     jlathrop at unm.edu
> Outlands

Yeeeee-HAAAA!!! Yes, this certainly does help! I knew it was right in
front of me...you know how you can sometimes look at something too much
and it stops making sense, or something you were just looking at can
just disappear, only to reappear after a night's rest? Or in my case,
about six weeks' rest? Not that I do rest, but it's just a figure of
speech.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Adamantius, planning EK Spring Crown feast
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com