SC - Small Feasts-'unpl

Sabia sabia at unm.edu
Sat Oct 18 11:01:49 PDT 1997

Don't know what it is with you Yanks, serving boiled okra as a food. The
"slimyness" of boiled okra works wonders as a thickener for stews and
gumbos. If you wish to actually EAT okra, as opposed to thickening with it,
try frying it with sliced green tomatoes. Dredged in spiced corn meal or
flour, it's wonderful.

Later,

Phlip