SC - Small Feasts-'unpl

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sat Oct 18 15:10:29 PDT 1997

>You may want to check out Penzey's saffron.  I saw the samples at the
>Piperer's Guild and am used to a much lower quantity of yellow threads in my
>saffron.  Their 100% Red Indian Saffron is priced at @ $7.95 a gram.  Their
>Spanish Saffron (with only 10% yellow threads) is $5.95.

I have never cooked with saffron before.  Is a lower quantity of yellow
threads good or bad?  Would I get better saffron from The Pepperer's Guild
or from Penzey's.  This is important to know, as I will soon be placing an
order for spices.  In general, which would have the better quality of spices?

Susannah of Three Oaks, finally unlurking