SC - Re: Spam-a-Thon!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Oct 18 23:36:12 PDT 1997

Lyonesse wrote:

> Adamantius,
>
> Not to cause another scalding tea snort at 7:30 in the morning, but just
> what is a 10 inch Dick, and how does it relate to cooking? Inquiring minds
> of amatuer cooks want to know.

A ten-inch chef's knife manufactured by F. Dick & Co. This terminology
enables me to distinguish between my TWO ten-inch Dicks, my six-, and
eight-inch Sabatiers, and my twelve-inch Medal d'Or.

At the risk of causing still more tea snorts, I will point out that
boning knives are usually seven or eight inches long, and are commonly
called boners in the food service industry. They come in two varieties,
flexible and stiff. Need I say more? You can all blame Chef Argyle
Wolf-Knapp, a.k.a. Master Robin Argyll du Coeur Aille, for reminding me
of that one... .

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com