Spam Horrors! Was Re: SC - head cook-serious then SILLY

Tyrca@aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 19:31:09 PDT 1997

I confess I have done very few "redactions" in my time, at least that
have been saved for posterity, since I prefer to just take the primary
source recipe, whenever possible, and just cook from it, with a modicum
of common sense and experience. I've been trying to clean up my act in
this regard, though, as I have increasingly been in the position where I
have tried to teach things to people about this art, and not everyone
works intuitively.

Adamantius
- ---

Thank you for your coments on my question about the definition of
"redaction".  Much appreciated!
   I too cook "intuitively" and find that I rarely follow a recipe to the
letter.  I mostly just read a recipe (or variety of similar recipes) and
create something comprable using the ingredients I have on hand.
   A while back, after reading a few recipes on here, I made one of those
basic one-pot dinners.  It consisted of a thick Chicken stew, made with
potatoes, onions and a few green beans; homemade bread, and Mead served with
it.  It occurred to me half way through the meal that it could easily have
been a medival dinner!  Though it hadn't set out to be.  Just food...  I
suspect that what I'd been reading on the digest had influenced my choices
of how and what to make!  :)

   I WOULD love to have that recipe for illision Peackock though!  I've seen
it mention in the digest several times, but I'm behind on reading, so may
not have come across it yet.

- -Laurene
- -
*                                          The Tiny Zoo, inc.
*
*
*
*                                         Visit our Web Site!
*
*                            http://www.vr-net.com/~tinyzoo
*