SC - Re: Pickled egg recipes -- BEETS?

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 11:43:58 PDT 1997

>Is this an Eastern thing?  I have never been east of the Mississippi (except
>for a couple of trips to Pennsic and Gulf Wars) and have never heard of
>frying bologna.  We were served cold bologna on Wonder Bread with Miracle
>Whip (memories of my childhood) needing to be taken with copius amounts of
>cold milk.  (because the bread tended to glue itself to the roof of my
>mouth).  But frying it??? Sounds less than intriguing.
>
>Tyrca

I've had it in various places from Ohio to Washington.  It is a fast,
easy way to fix a hot meat sandwich.  I think it has been replaced by
hot ham and cheese among the upwardly mobile, since I haven't seen it on
a diner's menu in years.

Thirty years ago, I lived on bologna, cheap TV dinners, and the $.99
Wednesday El Charrito enchilada special for couple out of work months.
Take a slice of bologna, put your choice of barbeque sauce on it, roll
it up and eat it.  It saves on bread.  Soon, even SPAM tastes good.

Bear