SC - head cook vs. feastocrat

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Wed Oct 22 12:50:00 PDT 1997

>Can the good members of this list recommend any good, basic cookbooks?  Now
>that I've finally unpacked all of mine I realized that I don't own a basic
>cookbook.
>

>Many thanks!
>

>Noemi
>who doesn't own any nice kitchen knives either

The Betty Crocker Cookbook, The Illustrated Better Homes and Gardens
Cookbook, The New Fanny Farmer Cookbook, and The Joy of Cooking are all
good cookbooks.  I regular use the first three to look up basic recipes.
 Someone else liked my Joy of Cooking so much, it went home with them.

On up the industrial scale, I like The New Professional Chef, which is
an instruction manual/cookbook for professional cooks.

Bear