SC - Honey Apples

Steve Geppert emster at alaska.net
Wed Oct 22 23:47:33 PDT 1997

<< DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

 >      She's allergic to the cane sugar it's self, but not the beet sugar,
so
 > it's just the various impurities that cause the problems.

 That's precisely my point. Are you saying that she is allergic to
 impurities found in the highly processed cane sugar we normally have
 access to, as opposed to the impurities found in the highly processed
 beet sugar (which most commercial sucrose is these days, anyway) we
 normally have access to?

 What impurities would those be? I could see if we were talking about
 molasses, or something, but white sugar is pretty much distilled.

 Adamantius

      I know, it doesn't make much sense to me, either, but that's the way
the allergy tests came out. Lots of her allergies don't make much sense, so
we have learned to just shrug, grumble, and live with it..................
;-) Few of them are severe enough to cause major problems, but she definitely
feels better when she avoids the problem items.

    Diana