SC - eels? fish cultivation?

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Oct 23 22:49:14 PDT 1997

Buying smoked trout in Australia means a gutted, but very lightly smoked
thing (it is usually nearly fresh and doesn't keep long. But it tastes
like fresh fish). Buying smoked mackerel, on the other hand, means you
get the insides too. The stuff keeps for ages, and doesn't taste anything
like fresh fish. The innards actually end up a lot like anchovy paste (I
always wondered what went into that).

Charles