SC - Okra

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:28:22 PDT 1997

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:52:07 EDT Tyrca <Tyrca at aol.com> writes:
>I was saying please please PLEASE do not use bread yeast.  It will
>work for a fermentation agent, but the flavor it leaves in mead is not
very pleasant.  It
>would be better if you find some Mead yeast, or champagne yeast.
>Either one will be better than Red Star.
>     Let me know the results, I am curious as to how it will turn out.
> I wonder how it would be to use Sugar Maple leaves?   Hmm. . . I have
>think about that one. . .
>
>Tyrca
Fortune has smiled upon me in that the main shop of The Home Brewer Co.
is here in Ozark, Mo. (20 min. drive from Springfield) My first mead I
used the Wyeast dry mead yeast (which worked) and the carrot raisin mead
in the carboy now, I used Red Star Cote de Blanc, which is normally used
for fruit wines (had to change the airlock to a blow-off tube - dang
thing was almost spouting out the top!)
Lady Beatrix