SC - Re: Late period is NOT medieval

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Fri Oct 24 19:15:12 PDT 1997

>I would think about doing it as two sheets of pastry with clumps of
>the fruit
>mixture and the edges of the squares sealed with the knife edge.
>Would dropping
>this into boiling water cause the disaster that Aiofe is pondering?
>What
>could be done to keep the dough from seperating?
>
>Gunthar

Pergogi don't make a mess when dropped in boiling water unless there is a
hole in the pasta layers. I've made Lekvar(sp?) perogis, that's prune
paste filling, BTW, and never had any problems with the filling coming
out in the water. I don't see that this would be any different. IIRC,
it's been years since I made them from scratch, I just wet the dough,
then crimped the edges.

Julleran