SC - Apples

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Oct 24 22:36:40 PDT 1997

>  But
> if you have ever bought heavy whipping cream, and whipped it too
> slowly (or
> on purpose) you will notice that despite the creamy white color of the
>
> cream, the butter always turns out yellow!  No one has yet been able
> explain to me exactly why this happens though.
>
> -Laurene

because the natural color of the lipids in bovine lactic secretions is
yellow in color, and by making butter you are concentrating them and
removing the calcium bearing portion of the liquid. Also, if the cows
eat corn and marigolds, the colorant is carotene based and fat soluable

margali going back under her rock to dig out more space for a feast
hall.