SC - Tansy:To poison or not to poison

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Sun Oct 26 12:38:29 PST 1997

> when my daughter was in girl scouts they shook chilled heavy whipping
> cream
> in clean glass jars and the butter was white... maybe Illinois
> (Wisconsin)
> cows are different???
> kimib2

most commercial cows put out milk that is fairly low in fat content,
even concentrated in the form of cream, and come from large dairy
heards. They get fed primarily  a prefab mash of generic grain, bone
meal and other organics like hay and grass. The dairy I get my raw milk
from[trinity farms, enfield ct] feed grass, whole grain corn and silage.
Their products are slightly yellowerr than normal. When I can get it, I
much prefer guernsey product as the butterfat content is way higher-
8-10 % vice 5-7 %, which makes a definite difference in the colorant
carried per volume.

Last years Dragon's Flight I brought in a green [ie unaged] cheese that
was guernsey, and was noticeably yellow.[it also won the a&s contest. I
brought in whey, and bread made with whey as well as a short paper on
the husbandry of a small farm in reference to the most efficient use of
milk [extrapolated from modern experience]]

margali
[buffing her nails and looking smug]