SC - neeps and tatties?

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 26 18:23:10 PST 1997

> I recall a bruise juice made by Mistress Anne of Hatfield, that worked
>
> quite well. That may or may not have some relation to the recipe in CA
>
> of years gone by. The stuff I'm referring to is much thicker, more the
>
> consistency of vaseline than oil. As far as I know, the recipe was an
> original by the lady who made the stuff, although perhaps from using
> similar research sources, it may coincidentally be similar to other
> bruise ointments made by SCA folk.
>
> Adamantius

I know we recommended a more linament like consistance, but some of us
liked the ointment version because it didnt spill as easily in the
lists. I havent made it in years, and I used the last of my batch on a
sheep that one of the neighbors late dogs got to. Of cpoourse the dog
wasnt late until i caught it in the pen...now it is buried in the south
end of the field.

margali