SC - Introducing myself

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 21:29:59 PST 1997

>I recall a bruise juice made by Mistress Anne of Hatfield, that worked
>quite well. That may or may not have some relation to the recipe in CA
>of years gone by. The stuff I'm referring to is much thicker, more the
>consistency of vaseline than oil. As far as I know, the recipe was an
>original by the lady who made the stuff, although perhaps from using
>similar research sources, it may coincidentally be similar to other
>bruise ointments made by SCA folk.
>
>Adamantius

I remember talking to Anne about it many years ago. I got the impression
that it was a period recipe. It used like two dozen different
ingredients, some hard to find and expensive. She was working on making
the recipe using different combinations of the ingredients to find out if
all of them were really needed or if only a few of them worked together
to get results. I know here mundane life got very busy after that, so I
doubt she's done much with the recipe since the last time I talked to her
about it.

Julleran