SC - Cookbooks

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at ki.se
Sun Oct 26 20:52:51 PST 1997

I have had pickled herring many a time. Best eaten with more pickled
herring (Ice-cold Vodka, although not medieval (in later period though,
I Think) is another fine complement).

I have also had some fish that was salted until it was like cardboard. It
had been boiled twice, so it tasted like kelp in seawater. Had it been
treated in the manner mark described (repeated rinsing, then cooking as
if fresh) it would probably have been quite nice. I might go home and try it.

Charles