SC - corned beef recipie

Tue Oct 28 10:47:50 PST 1997

>Has anyone else come across these or similar  recipes,preferably in
>period sources? Is it really poisonous or only in large quantities? Does
>anyone have any other uses for tansy?
>Lady Beatrix

Sorry, I do not have any old recipes using Tansy, I am just beginning to
collect recipes.  The only use for tansy I have ever heard was as an
Essential Oil, used topically.  Blue tansy is also known commonly as
Bachelor Buttons.  Topical properties for Wild Tansy oil are:
Anti-bacterial, anti-infectous, and anti-viral.  Some possible uses might be
(according to "The Reference Guide for Essential Oils"): supportive to the
immune system in helping to fight colds, flu and infections.  It encouraged
uplifting feeling and positive attitude, and a general feeling of well being.
   I looked in my DK "Complete Medicinal Herbal" and it was not listed
anywhere in there - I'm begining to believe however that this book is not as
complete as it claims.  I've found other areas where it is lacking as well.
   I have no other applicable references.  I know nothing about taking it
internally.
   Good luck!

- -Laurene