SC - re: cathedral ritual

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Oct 29 12:39:28 PST 1997

OOP  -- Out Of Period, meaning later than 1600, SCA definition of
"medieval".

Rarely seen recipes...  well... (there's ... chatter; bunches of these
mostly marvelous folks apparently work mundanely on the Internet and
have GOBS of access time)  also, one recipe can generate bunches of
commentary on the smallest aspects, some of it good info, some getting
into the "chattery" range.  (fun is good, but it makes for lots and lots
of posts...) For example, a thread on sugar glass got side-tracked onto
varieties of limes, from info about flavoring the sugar glass...  the
recent beer bread thread had a major secondary thread about the merits
and methods of using brewing yeast in bread baking (I've only scanned it
myself so far)  And one gets fascinating gardening info from those
who've worked at growing their own spices and other ingredients.  Herbal
variations occur, etc., etc.

There was a bit about Venison a while back. Came up in a discussion of a
game meat feast...  I don't remember anything outstanding, myself.  (but
then, I don't know that I personally think there's any higher fate for
venison than backstrap or mincemeat, both of which I already know 8-)!!)

If there are archives for this list, I haven't heard about them.  (but
hope there are, or will be someday)

Chimene
patricia.r.dunham at ci.eugene.or.us
http://members.aol.com/gerekr/medieval.html (home)