SC - Onion Soup

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Thu Oct 30 12:55:38 PST 1997

Hi all,

I found out last night that I'm going to have to bail out the cook for our
shire championship next weekend. Since I don't have much time to figure
stuff out and the event is basically in a large field I'm keeping things simple.
I need to find out just what the current cook has done but here's my current
thoughts.

Please forgive my not having much that's period, I'm rushed.

Roast Beef with a couple of sauces.
The Onion Soup cooked up in the shire cauldron.
Grilled Vegetables, julliened and stir-fried in sesame oil with sesame seeds.
Apples baked in a pumpkin shell.

I'm looking for a couple more dishes. Remember, this is stuff made ahead of
time or on site with no more cooking facilities than a fire, cauldron, and
grill.

The good news is that I'm only cooking for around 60 or 70.

Yers,

Gunthar