SC - Onion Soup

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Oct 30 20:21:38 PST 1997

And it came to pass on 30 Oct 97, that Paul and Jillian Louis wrote:

> The thread on the Domestroi brought to mind another book that I have
> been searching for. " A Gift to Young Housewives "  by Elena
> Molokhovets and published in the  1870s. It supposedly contains
> 4,000 recipies. I know that I have little hope of ever owning this
> book, but if there is a showing of it ANYWHERE please let me know.
>  Olga

There is a condensed English translation of the Molokhovets cookbook.
 It has only selected recipes from each chapter.  Nevertheless, it is
a fairly thick book.  I borrowed this one from the library when I was
preparing a Russian feast.  If the ISBN, etc. of this edition would
be useful to you, I can dig them up.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain of Tethba
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
mka Robin Carroll-Mann *** harper @ idt.net