SC - Welsh

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 10:24:10 PDT 1997

<<  For those who have any interest, in my sig line I've removed the
 > HL and have added the welsh word Cyfurdd (pronounced cuh'-voorth) that
 > has the meaning of peer.
 >
 > Thanks again for the well wishes!
 >
 > Phyllis L. Spurr
 > Eowyn ferch Rhys Cyfurdd
 > Barony of Elfsea, Ansteorra

 Where did you find that?  I have found Mistress (Athrawes ((teacher or
governess)), Peer (Gogyfurdd((equal in height or stature), Cydradd ((equal ))
as the only Welsh equivalents.  Being welsh, and a peer, it would be fun to
have something other than Mistress Mom, or the Mothership, which gets
inflicted on me now and again.  From the Collins Spurrell Welsh English
Dictionary.

Aldyth