SC - ALMOND COOKIES

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Oct 5 18:55:53 PDT 1997

I'm sorry! I can't help myself. I have to do this!

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt wrote:

> Here are some modern recipes for similar Almond Cookies to the ones we've
> been discussing. naturally, as soon as i wnt looking for Ratafia cakes they
> dissapeared off the face off the earth. i can't find the recipe anywhere,
> but I'm hindered by 2 chicken-pocky kids, so it will be a while 'till i can
> really hunt for it.
>
> In the Meantime:
>
> Almond Whirls (from the late 40s early 50s)

<recipe snipped, despite looking good!>

	"Superintendant thought it was an Almond Whirl! They're bound to think
it's some form of Mock Frog!"

	"Mock Frog? We don't use artificial flavorings or additives of any
kind!"

	"Nevertheless, I advise you in future to replace the words 'Crunchy
Frog' with the legend, 'Crunchy Raw Unboned Real Dead Frog', if you want
to avoid prosecution..."

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com