SC - Venison pie

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Wed Oct 8 07:50:17 PDT 1997

I believe it was Master Adamantius who referred to a venison pie in which the
venison stewed in spices and its own juice for awhile, was then put into a pie
shell, covered with an egg yolk/wine mixture and then baked.

Do you have the exact recipe for this? I think it would be a wonderful part of
my first course for 12th Night.

Also, does anyone know a source for period 12th Night feast menus? I would love
to make it authentic.

Yers,

Gunthar

PS. Have we decided on the Salamander with the spoon in her tail as the final
version of the List badge?  If so then let's get that sucker registered and
start showing it off!