SC - Small Feasts

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Wed Oct 8 19:55:23 PDT 1997

> >I'd be interested in other accounts of very small feasts, i.e. why
>they
>> >were so small and how people handled that.
>> >Adamantius

One of the best small feasts I did was about 10 years ago at the wedding
event of one of the squires and his wife. We had about 25 people on site
for the weekend, including the King and Queen. For lunch Saturday, we had
venison stew, bread, cheese and fruit if I remember correctly. Dinner was
a roast suckling pig, salad, a rice dish, several kinds of bread, some
veggies and fruit. Breakfast Sunday was hot-cross buns that I'd made
dozens of on Friday morning before going to site. I can't remember all
the details, except for the pig, which was to die for, but I remember
that the kitchen was appalling and everyone had fun. And everyone
remembers that the food was good, even if they can't remember what it
was! I guess you can't ask any more of a feast.

Julleran