SC - beans

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Oct 9 13:49:27 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - beans                               10/9/97

<snip>
> type of bean similar to Black eyed peas that were found in the Old World
> besides chick peas, lentils and et al.  They also ate vetch but <snip>
True, there are peas to be considered, as well as the lentils, favas,
and chick peas. I don't really know why they would be considered
separately, but for some obscure reason, it seems they are.
<snip>

I thought black eyed peas *were* beans?  Are they considered as well as called
peas?
- -brid
(confused)