SC - competition

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 10 09:19:56 PDT 1997

Michael F. Gunter wrote:
> I don't usually post an entire commentary but I agree with everything Good Aine
> says. Even though it's fun to tweak each other, the ideal of this list is that
> we're a family who bonds and learns from each other.
>
> A communal pot-luck/display to the Knowne Worlde is terrific. Competition
> amongst ourselves is defeating. Showing off for each other is wonderful, maybe
> even cooking, teaching, giving guidance. If we get together let's do it in the
> spirit of comraderie, not competition.

Me, too! I mean, I agree, in large part. Everyday life in a large city
is plenty competitive enough for me. My carefully controlled ruthless
side is something I'd rather not cultivate except in an emergency.

On the other hand, I don't see why, for those that like that sort of
thing, a competition couldn't be friendly, honorable, and enlightening.
I probably would not choose to compete, but if people could handle it, I
don't think it would be a problem. Question is, can they handle it?

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com