SC - back on topic (was re: below the salt)

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri Oct 10 14:13:54 PDT 1997

Despite the delightful direction this topic has taken (visions of The Ultimate Feast dancing in my head) I am still interested in the original subject:

Can anyone suggest one or two above-the-salt-type recipes for the final remove of a feast I am trying to put together in March?

Budget is not much of a problem (I have fed the same number of people well and heartily for a third of the money I will potentially have access to) and neither will staff.  (side note:  the noble choirperson Brid has kindly volunteered to shuck her armor for an apron instead of continuing on in the Tournament of Roses <grin>).  I also have plenty of time for practicing and perfecting... my family LOVES to eat experiments; and so will my Canton...

Basically, I'm looking for dishes with major "OOOHHH!" factor...  any and all suggestions would be welcome.

	- kat  (who wishes she COULD attend Gulf Wars, or Pennsic, or....)

"Live, live, live!  Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"

          - Auntie Mame