SC - Substitute for bitter orange

Ladypeyton at aol.com Ladypeyton at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 16:00:58 PDT 1997

>I believe I have seen a substitute for bitter orang

My copy of The Miami Spice Cookbook (Cuban cooking) which uses bitter oranges
in every third recipe says that straight lime juice is a suitable
replacement.  Too Hot Tamales on Food TV Network say either a mixture of 1/2
orange juice & 1/2 grapefruit juice or 1/2 orange juice & 1/2 lime juice.

Lady Peyton